Monday, February 22, 2010

Change of pace

While I don't post about "road food" we did try Smok'n Pig
in Valdosta GA.

No, I'm not a connoisseur of BBQ, but decided to give it a try.
Glad we did. Touted as voted Top 10 in the country, but I haven't seen a source for this.

New and shiny, not a "ribs shack" but the "pecan wood" smoked meats were great.

While Shirley went with a rack of ribs, I had to try the combo, several ribs and some brisket, sides of slaw and ... mac & cheese.

There are several sauces, but I liked the house one best - suspect it's got a good bit of mustard in it.

Quantity, well, we both got "take home" clamshells, as well as containers for the sides, and it satisfied for the next night.

Location : Exit 22 off I-75 and a bit east.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home