Monday, April 26, 2010

On keeping it simple

from behind the stove: Primary Principles

Eric writes on his philosophy of simple foods

"A happy life comes from simple expectations.

Now, in my food, which I think of as the culinary equivalent of that primary principle of Epicurus, I try to walk the same path. I take what I have or is brought to me and make something of it. As most of you know, we have chosen to limit ourselves to what can be grown or produced in this great state of Michigan and by limiting ourselves to a certain geographical location we also limit ourselves to what is available. I don't spend my days wishing for ingredients I cannot obtain. And in keeping in line with Epicurus I aim for simple flavors, relying entirely on the quality of the ingredients I work with to provide the goodness of a dish. "


I agree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home