Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sauce

Local grocer had some filet's on sale (they'd had a power outage earlier this week.
Well, a beef fillet, buy itself needs some help (flavor), so I pulled up :
Morel Sauce I @ Earthy.com

But, as I like to experiment, I made some changes
First off, I only used the proportions as suggestions - I add stock and cream by eye. Also, I used up the last of my dried 'shrooms (morels reconstituted with warm water).

The to give this sauce some "kick" I added several tablespoons of Boursin Cheese (garlic of course) ... yum.

Fillet was only about 10 oz, prepared by searing both sides, then finishing in oven at 450 for about 10 min. Then rested, sliced thin and fanned on the plate.

Par boiled a package of baby 'taters, purple, redskins and yukon golds, then quartered and saute'd with teaspoon of olive oil and teaspoon of bacon fat.
Served up with the 'shroom sauce, side of steamed broccoli.

Don't forget - the reconstituting water get's saved.
I've reduced it about 50% and it will be starter for the next sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home